Don Wilschefski, Welcon’s High Voltage Auditor, recently presented a consolidated review of the changes to AS2067:2016. As part of this review, Don was able to share the important changes with some of our key customers based in Gladstone.
The changes to the high voltage standard included:
- Major changes have been introduced to the design of earthing in the vicinity of high voltage equipment and substations, with reference to Energy Networks Association standards.
- Closer alignment with IEC international standards has been achieved for equipment operating at voltages exceeding 1kV a.c.
- Fire risks for substations within or near buildings have been addressed in more detail.
- The standard is more prescriptive. This gives clarity to the high voltage design processes required.
- High voltage designs are now required to be checked and verified.
- AS2067:2016 will now cover all sites operating at voltages over 1kV a.c.
- AS3007 will be amended to include the earthing requirements of AS2067:2016 to apply to surface mines and associated underground areas.
Welcon are pleased to share our knowledge with our customers to provide a greater awareness of risks and safety around the Electrical Industry.